NOSCDC is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization devoted to the support of military service personnel and their family members throughout the metro D.C. area.
In 2019, NOSCDC was able to donate $19,000 to charities benefiting the military community.
To learn more about the NOSCDC Charitable Grant please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 3, 2020
The Naval Officers’ Spouses’ Club of Washington, D.C., (NOSCDC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization devoted to the support of military service personnel and their family members throughout the metropolitan DC area. In 2019, NOSCDC was able to donate $19,000 to charities benefiting the military community. In 2020, we will award sixteen grants of $1000 to local organizations supporting the military community. We are now accepting written requests for grants. Organizations whose grant requests are accepted will receive written notification by April 17, 2020, and a grant presentation will be held on Thursday, April 30, 2020. Please read our eligibility guidelines and consider applying.
Eligibility guidelines and application instructions:
1. Your organization must directly benefit military members and/or their families in the greater Washington, DC area. Please indicate how your $1000 grant will be utilized and confirm that the funds will remain in the area.
2. Requests must be submitted on official letterhead via email by midnight March 20, 2020, to email@example.com. In the email, please detail your organizational mission and describe specific programs/items to be funded by the grant and the organizational impact on the military community.
3. Requests must provide the full legal name of your organization, its state of legal domicile, its Employer Identification Number (EIN), a copy of its most recently filed IRS Form 990, and, if that form is 990-EZ or 990-N, a list of the names of all officers and directors of the organization. If your organization is not incorporated or does not file tax returns with the IRS then you must provide information regarding your organization’s legal structure, key personnel, and governing documentation.
4. Requests must include a certification by the president, executive director, or equivalent chief officer of the organization that if a grant is awarded, no proceeds from the grant will be used to (i) directly or indirectly participate in, or intervene in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) a candidate for public office; or (ii) engage in substantial legislative activity (lobbying); or (iii) inure to the personal benefit of any officer or director of NOSCDC.
5. Upon initial review, NOSCDC reserves the right to require that the organization provide additional supporting information as a condition of maintaining eligibility for a grant.
When considering your application for funds, please be aware that in order to fulfill our obligations as an IRS 501(c)(3) public charity, we must be assured that funds distributed to your organization will be expended by January 31, 2021. These funds must be spent on programs or materials that support the general mission of NOSCDC in service to the local military community.
If selected as a grant recipient, we require written acknowledgment of receipt of funds within 30 days. Applicants agree to the public release of the name of their organization and purpose of donation. Each recipient must give an accounting of expenditures of funds by January 31, 2021. If applying for a 2020 grant and you have not followed the above requirements, your application will be ineligible.